Discover the Dulcimer the Dizzi way "A Selection of Scales Exercise Book
Learn all the basics of playing various Scales on the Hammered Dulcimer in this Exercise Book
A Selection of scales on the dulcimer
In this book we cover all the basics to do with playing scales on the hammered dulcimer Im going to show you the various ways to play a major scale on a dulcimer. We will talk about repeated notes and using the left or right hand to start scales.
I will show you a basic Minor scale and Major and Minor pentatonic scales. We will also cover what Modes of a Major scale are and Chromatic, Blues and Arabic scales. We will learn three ways to play a Major Scale plus cover the 7 modes of a Major scale.
1. Major Scales three ways, 1.1, 4/4,
1.2, 5/3, 1.3, 6/2.
2. Scale three ways exercise 4,5,6,5,4
3. Relative Minor Scales 6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6
4. Seven modes of a Major scale 4.1(C) - Ionian 12345671
4.2(D) - Dorian 23456712
4.3(E) - Phrygian 34567123
4.4(F) - Lydian 45671234
4.5(G) - Mixolidian 56712345
4.6(A) - Aeolian 67123456
4.7(B) - Locrian 71234567
5. Pentatonic scales 5.1 Major 1,2,3,5,6 - 4,5,6,1,2 - 5,6,7,2,3
5.2 Minor 2,3,4,6,7 - 3,4,5,7,1 - 6,7,2,3,4
6. Chromatic Scale on a 12/11 7. Arabic Scale. (retune E to Eb)